NCH is membership organization in which the membership is vested with the rights to elect the NCH Board of Directors and to set the organization’s strategic direction and annual advocacy and policy priorities.
We believe that the collective leadership of people who have lived the experience of homelessness is critical to our goal of housing and economic justice. Through an engaged and committed membership, we can ensure that our policy agenda is shaped by the everyday experience of people who are unhoused.
If you agree with our Mission and Guiding Principles, please join us!
Organizational members are directly involved in choosing the Coalition’s leadership and policy agenda as well as participating in the action necessary to carry out that agenda.
Organizations are eligible to become Organizational Members if they are:
- State, local, regional or national organizations working on homeless issues with goal of building and energizing the field, or
- An organization led by persons experiencing or previously experiencing homelessness.
- Committed to the mission of NCH to prevent and end homelessness.
- Willing to pay organizational dues as established by the Board of Directors.
- Willing to participate in the NCH annual membership meetings and ongoing campaigns.
- Willing to be a liaison between their organization/community and the work of NCH.
NCH Organizational Members have the following responsibilities:
- Participate in the NCH Annual Membership Meeting
- Elect the NCH Board of Directors
- Inform and approve the long-term goals and objectives of NCH
- Inform and approve the annual advocacy and policy priorities of NCH
- Elect a Membership Chair and Vice Chair
- Participate in NCH Membership Committee and advocacy committees.
Individual Members may participate in the Annual Membership Meeting and elect an At-Large Member to vote on their behalf like an Organizational Member. We encourage individuals who have themselves experienced homelessness or housing instability to apply to become members. Fees are waived for approved members who are not able to give financially.
ORGANIZATIONAL MEMBERSHIP APPLICATION
Fill out online
INDIVIDUAL MEMBERSHIP APPLICATION
Fill out online
Click here to make a membership contribution. See our 2022/2023 Dues structure below:
|Membership Type||Suggested Membership Dues|
|Individual||$50 (or whatever you can afford)|
|Organization, Annual Budget Under $50,000||$25|
|Organization, Annual Budget $50,000-$99,999||$50|
|Organization, Annual Budget $100,000-$199,999||$100|
|Organization, Annual Budget $200,000- $499,999||$200|
|Organization, Annual Budget $500,000-$1 Million||$500|
|Organization, Annual Budget Over $1 Million||$1,000|
Finances: NCH receives its support from memberships, individual contributions, the Combined Federal Campaign, foundation grants, special events, and product sales. Full audited information is available upon request. NCH is a 501 (c)(3) organization. Contributions to NCH are tax exempt to the fullest extent allowed by law. Federal ID# 52-1517415. CFC number 10844.