NCH has restructured itself into a formal membership organization in which the organizational membership is vested with the rights to elect the NCH Board of Directors and to set the organization’s strategic direction and annual advocacy and policy priorities. This change is designed to provide a greater opportunity for organizations led by persons experiencing homelessness as well local, state and national organizations committed to action at the federal level to end homelessness to have their voices heard in policy discussions and advocacy at the national level.
We believe that in recent years, federal policy has been driven by narrow interest groups and consultants who have focused on how limited funding should be rationed to certain sub-populations and programs, rather than demanding that funding be increased to the levels needed to end homelessness now. Many local and state organizations have been forced to compete for limited funding through “continuum of care” entities, rather than joining forces and mobilizing for increased federal funding and greater flexibility to meet the crisis of increased homelessness in our communities.
If you agree with our Mission and Guiding Principles, please join us!
The new NCH structure gives organizations committed to ending homelessness the ability to become organizational members and to be directly involved in choosing the Coalition’s leadership and policy agenda as well as participating in the action necessary to carry out that agenda.
Organizations are eligible to become Organizational Members if they are:
- State, local, regional or national organizations working on homeless issues with goal of building and energizing the field, or
- An organization led by persons experiencing or previously experiencing homelessness.
- Committed to the mission of NCH to prevent and end homelessness.
- Willing to pay organizational dues as established by the Board of Directors.
- Willing to participate in the NCH annual membership meetings and ongoing campaigns.
- Willing to be a liaison between their organization/community and the work of NCH.
NCH Organizational Members have the following responsibilities:
- Participate in the NCH Annual Membership Meeting
- Elect the NCH Board of Directors
- Inform and approve the long-term goals and objectives of NCH
- Inform and approve the annual advocacy and policy priorities of NCH
- Elect a Membership Chair and Vice Chair
- Participate in NCH Membership Committee and advocacy committees.
Individuals may also join NCH as Individual Members. Individual Members may participate in the Annual Membership Meeting and elect an At-Large Member to vote on their behalf like an Organizational Member.
To apply for membership, please complete the application form online, or print and return to the NCH office at National Coalition for the Homeless, Attn: Membership, 2201 P Street, NW, Washington, DC 20037 or email to email@example.com.
Click here to make a membership contribution. See our 2021 Dues structure below:
|Membership Type||Suggested Membership Dues|
|Individual||$50 (or whatever you can afford)|
|Organization, Annual Budget Under $50,000||$25|
|Organization, Annual Budget $50,000-$99,999||$50|
|Organization, Annual Budget $100,000-$199,999||$100|
|Organization, Annual Budget $200,000- $499,999||$200|
|Organization, Annual Budget $500,000-$1 Million||$500|
|Organization, Annual Budget Over $1 Million||$1,000|
Finances: NCH receives its support from memberships, individual contributions, the Combined Federal Campaign, foundation grants, special events, and product sales. Full audited information is available upon request. NCH is a 501 (c)(3) organization. Contributions to NCH are tax exempt to the fullest extent allowed by law. Federal ID# 52-1517415. CFC number 10844.