The National Coalition for the Homeless invites you to join a NATIONAL DAY OF ACTION FOR HOUSING in Washington, DC, and in communities across the country, on Saturday, April 1, 2017.
Over 20 cities nationwide will be taking action to fix the affordable housing crisis, address racial inequality in our cities, and end the criminalization of poverty.
Help us tell our legislators: WE WON’T BE FOOLED! Housing Ends Homelessness, and the President’s Budget will slash what little housing and community development programs we have in place, creating more entrenched homelessness and rolling back important advances we have made in getting folks off the streets. (Click for a Factsheet on how homelessness affects our communities)
- Sign up or Endorse the Action (list of endorsers)
- Download Media kit (click here to download images)
- View map of events
- View and share the flyer
- Go to Facebook event
- Download Postcards designs
- Please join us every Thursday at 4:30 EST, until April 1st for our National Organizing Call
- Dial-in Number: (641) 715-3580, Access Code: 669194
- Meeting Link: join.freeconferencecall.com/nationalhomeless
Here is what we are asking:
- Preserve funding and create further local, state and national housing resources solely for extremely low to moderate income, elderly and disabled households.
- Stop ordinances, policies and practices that 1) criminalize and harrass people who are unhoused, 2) promote racial discrimination, or 3) prevent equal treatment of immigrants, people with disabilities, or those who identify as LGBTQ, especially in access to housing, employment and healthcare.
- Ensure that safety net programs like food assistance, health care and emergency housing are available to any Americans residents in need of support.