The National Coalition for the Homeless invites you to join a NATIONAL DAY OF ACTION FOR HOUSING in Washington, DC, and in communities across the country, on Saturday, April 1, 2017.
We are calling on you and those in your community to create temporary tent cities to demand action to fix the affordable housing crisis, address racial inequality in our cities, and end the criminalization of poverty.
On Saturday, April 1, 2017 we will hold a rally and overnight vigil in Washington, DC, and will be coordinating events in cities across the country. Bring tents, bring signs, bring your friends and families and stand up for our collective need for safe, decent and affordable housing.
- Sign up or Endorse the Action (list of endorsers)
- Download Media kit (click here to download images)
- View map of events
- View and share the flyer
- Go to Facebook event
- Please join us every Thursday at 4:30 EST, until April 1st for our National Organizing Call
- Dial-in Number: (641) 715-3580, Access Code: 669194
- Meeting Link: join.freeconferencecall.com/nationalhomeless
Here is what we are asking:
- Preserve funding and create further local, state and national Housing Trust Funds that fund housing solely for extremely low to moderate income households.
- Stop ordinances, policies and practices that 1) criminalize and harrass people who are unhoused, 2) promote racial discrimination, or 3) prevent equal treatment of immigrants and those who identify as LGBTQ, especially in access to housing, employment and healthcare.
- Ensure that safety net programs like food assistance, health care and emergency housing are available to any Americans residents in need of support.