Your contribution will make a significant difference in helping us to educate the public and policy makers to direct your hard-earned tax dollars to prevent homelessness, and assist those becoming homeless in your community to rapidly move out of shelters back into housing with the supportive services they need to stabilize within the community. Want to do more than just donate? Check out these further ways to support an end to homelessness:
Buy a Tshirt
We have partnered with ChariTEES to offer unique Tshirt designs that raise awareness of homelessness. All proceeds from sales are donated to the National Coalition for the Homeless. Click here to purchase a Tshirt.
Include NCH in Your Will
We all want to leave a legacy for our children and future generations. Be sure that your children and children’s children will not have to face homelessness by including a bequest to NCH in your will. Talk to your financial planner or lawyer, or contact NCH with any questions.
Donate Stock Shares
Talk to you financial planner or stock broker about donating a few shares of your stock to NCH. You can reap extra tax benefits, and it is the gift that has potential to keep giving! Download instructions for your financial advisor or contact NCH for more information.
Donate an Item on our Wishlist
CAREbags are provided for folks living outdoors, or who stop by the NCH office looking for assistance. These are often kits preassembled by volunteers that include toiletries, food, and other useful items for daily survival. Click here to see our suggested items and guidelines for giving out CAREbags in your community, or purchase items directly from our Amazon Wish List.
You can make a difference while you shop! Simply shop at smile.amazon.com/ch/52-1517415 or with AmazonSmile ON in the Amazon Shopping app and AmazonSmile donates to National Coalition for the Homeless.
Join NCH on Social Media
We regularly post updates and news stories to keep you informed. Follow, Like, Share and ReTweet – YOU can help spread awareness and make positive change!
Read a Good Book
All of the below reads offer insight into the experience of homelessness:
- Executive Chef Cardie Mortimer is supporting NCH through his story-telling cookbook, Keep on Cookin’. Keep on Cookin’ is a culinary therapy cookbook that will have you either laughing or crying with each recipe. It will inspire you to create your own memories full of love and joy, but most importantly it gives back to those in desperate need of a place to call home. Donate $100 to NCH and choose the gift option to receive a book!
- Jay S. Levy is giving 25% of the proceeds to NCH and other homeless service agencies from sales of his three books: Pretreatment Guide for Homeless Outreach & Housing First (published September 2013), Homeless Narratives & Pretreatment Pathways: From Words to Housing (published September 2010), and Homeless Outreach & Housing First: Lessons Learned (published November 2011).
- NCH Executive Director, Donald Whitehead, donates the proceeds of his memoir, Most Unlikely to Succeed. Learn more about our fearless leader!
- Why Are You Surprised I’m Still Here? | Featuring the Sign Collection of Billy Kaufman, this is an exploration of American homelessness through words and images. (A percentage of sales is given by the publisher to NCH)
- Soul of a Woman | This tale, told through the eyes of a child, traces the journey of an American woman, dispossessed and struggling for survival through decades of poverty and homelessness. (A percentage of sales is given by the author to NCH)
- Street Corner Majesty | Poems by David Harris, longtime NCH advocate
- A Bum Deal: An Unlikely Journey From Hopeless to Humanitarian by Rufus Hannah, former NCH advocate, and Barry Soper
- Drawing Strength by Scott Nychay