This is a full time position with a full benefit package including a retirement plan, as well as health, vision, dental, life and disability insurance.
To apply: Send a resume or background information containing your complete work history and a cover letter referencing this position by e-mail to dwhitehead @ nationalhomeless.org.
Position Description: The Director of Community Organizing will focus on the following areas:
- Outreach to national and field allies to develop new organizing models for achieving local victories
- Outreach to targeted cities to build regional coalitions that support local and national organizing efforts for NCH’s anti-criminalization and the Civil Rights Initiatives.
- Promote and Encourage Grassroots Organizing led by people with lived experience and expertise.
- Build support for NCH policy and national positions among local Coalitions.
- Schedule meetings with administration officials in Justice, HHS, HUD, the Interagency Council, and FEMA to push the Civil Rights agenda
- Represent NCH with other national groups on civil rights, voting, and protections against hate crime issues.
Qualifications: We seek a seasoned leader and organizer with solid references interested in growing the credible powerhouse for organizing, member engagement, and mobilization. The ideal candidate should have at least membership and organizing experience.
Candidates should also have:
- A demonstrated commitment to social justice, robust analysis of systemic oppression based on race, class, gender, sexual orientation, and gender identity, and an understanding of challenges facing people experiencing homelessness, immigrant communities, communities of color, and low-and moderate-income families.
- Excellent organizational skills and good attention to detail. A high level of self-motivation and a proven ability to work independently as well as collaboratively.
- Ability to work well with diverse groups and populations.
- Dedication and ability to work flexible hours.
- Capacity to engage and inspire a variety of audiences.
- Willingness to travel within the United States.
Compensation: This position pays $50,000 per year and is a full time position with a robust benefit package that includes 2+ weeks a year of vacation and holidays, sick leave, 403b retirement plan, an employee assistance plan, and Health, Vision, Dental, Life and Disability Insurance.