Overview of Campaign: The National Coalition for the Homeless is spearheading the launch of
Bring America Home Now: A Comprehensive Grassroots Campaign to End Homelessness in
the U.S. Led by people who have themselves experienced homelessness, we will focus on the
passage of federal legislation aimed at addressing the interconnected solutions to the
decades-long epidemic of homelessness in the United States. The campaign focuses on 6 major
policy areas: Housing, Health, Livable Incomes, Education/Training, Civil Rights, and Racial
Supervisor: Francis Kalombo Ngoy, National Deputy Campaign Director for Bring America
Home Now Campaign
Internship Summary: The Special Events Intern will have the ability to work remotely. We
are searching for a self-motivated and outgoing intern to assist our campaign in delivering
phenomenal events that help grow our partners, generate excitement around our campaign, and
raise awareness around policies and legislations that will help to end homelessness. The intern
will be responsible for helping to conceptualize event themes, preparing and managing event
timelines, and coordinating technical aspects. The intern will occasionally work with the
communications team to promote awareness around the campaign’s events. The intern will work
with the administrative consultant to document the success of the engagements with follow up
tools and resources. The ideal candidate for this fellowship role should have superior
organizational skills, great leadership qualities, excellent multi-tasking skills, superb
interpersonal skills, and be creative. Bring America Home Now Campaign seeks an individual
that not only has a great work ethic but a personality to match.
Specific Position Activities:
- Participate in and attend all assigned campaign meetings.
- Creating and managing our events calendar.
- Aid in developing event concepts.
- Post-event reporting.
- Assist in coordinating logistical elements.
- Execute any and all other task assigned by the Deputy Campaign Director
- Strong organizational skills
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Superior research skills
- Superior interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in diverse and inclusive environments
- Ability to work remotely and without daily supervision
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Direct service with homeless/low income populations
- Project management
- Strong technical knowledge.
- Email to fkalombongoy @ nationalhomeless.org
- Email Subject should state “Bring American Home Now Campaign: Events Intern Application.”
- Provide a cover letter and a resume or background information. No more than four pages total.
- Please include the University/College you are currently enrolled in.
- Optional: Disclose whether you will be receiving course credit for this internship
Bring America Home Now Campaign
This is a non-compensated fellowship unless your college/university is offering fellowship