Overview of Campaign: The National Coalition for the Homeless is spearheading the launch of
Bring America Home Now: A Comprehensive Grassroots Campaign to End Homelessness in
the U.S. Led by people who have themselves experienced homelessness, we will focus on the
passage of federal legislation aimed at addressing the interconnected solutions to the
decades-long epidemic of homelessness in the United States. The campaign focuses on 6 major
policy areas: Housing, Health, Liveable Incomes, Education/Training, Civil Rights, and Racial
Supervisor: Francis Kalombo Ngoy, National Deputy Campaign Director for Bring America
Home Now Campaign
Internship Summary: The Outreach & Recruitment Intern will have the ability to
work remotely. We are seeking a dynamic intern who can take BAHN recruiting initiatives to the
next level. The intern will assist with outreach efforts to potential and current partners of the
campaign. They will be responsible for supporting, planning, developing, and executing on recruiting
strategies, and partnering with both external and internal stakeholders. This is a
relationship-focused position, requiring you to have strong interpersonal skills, the ability to
empathize with people of greatly varied experiences, and an appreciation for
community-centered solutions. The intern will occasionally work with the communications team
to promote awareness around the campaign. Bring America Home Now Campaign seeks an
individual that not only has a great work ethic but a personality to match.
BAHN Outreach & Recruitment Responsibilities:
- This individual will participate in and attend all assigned campaign meetings.
- Assist the Deputy Campaign Director and the Administrative Consultant in outreach and recruitment efforts to attract new partners to the campaign.
- Identify and foster relationships with existing community leaders and organizers.
- Support ongoing policy committees with logistical and material coordination.
- Recognize emerging issues within the Homelessness sector and leaders who are already engaged.
- Provide insightful input that can be implemented to help the campaign reach its goal of 7,000 partners.
- Execute any and all other tasks assigned by the Deputy Campaign Director.
- Superior research skills
- Working in a diverse and inclusive environment
- Ability to work remotely and without daily supervision
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills
- Experience facilitating large groups
- Ability to foster emerging leadership
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Email to fkalombongoy @ nationalhomeless.org
- Email Subject should state “Bring America Home Now: BAHN Outreach & Recruitment Intern Application.”
- Provide a cover letter and a resume or background information. No more than four total pages.
- Please include the University/College you are currently enrolled in.
- Optional: Disclose whether you will be receiving course credit for this fellowship
Bring America Home Now Campaign
This is a non-compensated fellowship unless your college/university is offering fellowship